Sunday, January 27, 2008

We thank thee O God for a prophet!

I just learned that President Gordon B. Hinckley, president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, passed away tonight at 7 pm. How grateful I am that he gave practically every day of his life in service to others. I am also grateful for the wonderful example he and his sweet wife, Marjorie Pay Hinckley, who passed away in April of 2004, have been- and always will be- to me. What I know and have learned from this generous, loving, couple will be with me forever. I know that President Hinckley was a prophet of the living God. I'll bet he is so excited to be with his wife once again. I greatly appreciate the Hinckley family- children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren- for their unselfishness demonstrated by sharing their parents with us for most or all of their lives.


"Carry on. Yes. Our theme will be to carry on the great work which has been furthered by our predecessors." - President Gordon B. Hinckley, when asked by a reporter what the theme of his administration would be as president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Thanks President Hinckley! We will.

BYU also created a slideshow to honor President Hinckley. View it here.

1 comment:

highdeekay said...

When we heard the news last night, all I could think was how happy I am for him. He lived a long life and he must be so relieved to be with his wife again and moving on. What a fabulous reunion he must be having with past prophets, Marjorie, his parents (remember his mother died when he was young), and others. I love this Plan!