Thursday, February 18, 2010

Phil Kesler: Testimony of a Friend

Today I read the testimony of one of a friend and former roommate at Utah State-
Phil Kesler.


He passed away the eve of February 11th after bravely battling cancer for about two years.

Phil was my roommate for 3 years, from the summer of 1996 until the summer of 1999.

He was a faithful friend to all that he knew, and faithful to his God.

I have a lot of good memories- his honesty, kindness, frankness, patience, musical talent (on Sunday mornings we all rested in the beautiful hymns he played on his piano in the living room of our townhouse).

Sometimes some of us (Phil, Mark, etc.) would stay up late in our apartment in North Logan and would just chat, enjoying a late, peaceful night sharing thoughts on the Gospel, life, dating, etc.

Heidi, a long-time neighbor and friend, married Phil several years later. They now have a beautiful daughter. What a lucky woman. They are both great examples to me.

I truly enjoyed reading Phil's testimony and am grateful Heidi shared it. I remember that he often would study his scriptures at the kitchen table, recording his thoughts in a large notebook. I think of that often.

Amen Phil!

Thanks for all you give.
Love, your brother,
Loren

p.s. Read the last several posts from Heidi here:
especially,

More here from Phil's friends and acquaintances:

No comments: