Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I have a Fairy Blogmother!

When I started this post, I thought that my idea of using the term, "fairy blogmother," was unique.

But alas, I googled it and was disappointed to find almost 7,000 hits.

RATS!



In a month of bloglessness...
My Fairy Blogmother did appear!
I did not know that I even had one
Or that she was so near...

Hovering over one starry night,
Her comment came via e-mail:
"Now Loren, dear, get on the ball!
Your blog is old and stale!"

Blogging requires posts that are fresh!
Each week maybe two or three-
Nearly a month has passed, and still it sits-
Neglected- shame on thee!

Update your blog! Post new thoughts!
Put that mouse and fingers to work!
The blogging life is not for the weak-
it's a duty that you cannot shirk.



Dear Bamamoma,
Thanks for the reminder to keep my blog current. I am also honored that you'd bother to read it between diaper changes. I can't promise that I'll do better, but maybe this exercise in commitment will be good for me... :) I have a thing or two to learn about blogging...


(Author's note: The fairy godmother pictured above in no way represents any person currently living.)

2 comments:

highdeekay said...

So you are saying that it is just coincidental that that chubby old lady looks like me? Rude!

:)

Nice poem - I'm the one who is honored.

Monica Sue said...

very clever! love the idea of a fairy blogmother.

i find it interesting that sometimes we feel the need to apologize for not posting. but i believe there are times when we just can't express publicly what we are doing, feeling, or going through. so we take some time off. it's all good.

i always find your postings very clever though, and do enjoy your perspective on topics....except i have no attention span for politics.