Saturday, March 8, 2008

Tai Pan Trading, part 2

The following is a comment my brother Andrew left on the previous post, "Tai Pan Trading Co." Read it as you would a Dr. Seuss book:

M.T. Soule said...

I LOVE TaiPan Trading Co!
Next to Wal-Mart, They have the world's largest selection of STUFF! But everything at TaiPan is non life-sustaining yet you can't get enough!
A perfect plethora of plastic pastries and fruit,
Baskets, vases, bowls, and statues –SO cute!
The endless array of faux flora and fauna will make you a bonified Martha Stewart prima donna!
Pre-assembled crafts and McMansion wall-hangings and paraphernalia. Shiny, aged, copper-patina whoknowsits and whatsits all made in China.
It comes in all colors, all shapes and all sizes.
Each glance yields more 'didn't-know-I-needed' surprises!
More and more and more and more, this endless cycle of consumer glut-decor galore!
It's just like walking into a landfill but it's all indoor!

He highly recommends visiting www.thestoryofstuff.com

I'll have to put a few photos of the planters I found at Tai Pan Trading. They are pretty nice. The only other thing that they had that I thought was cool were some really big framed prints of bold yellow and red flowers. If I didn't already have a dozen other prints I am wanting to buy, frame, and hang, I'd have been tempted more than I was.
-Loren

No comments: